One Week National Training Programme on
(2 nd March – 6 th March, 2020)
Organized by Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy,
(An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India)
Jalandhar-Kapurthala Road, Wadala Kalan Kapurthala 144601 (Punjab)
Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy (SSS-NIBE) is an Autonomous Institution of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India.
The vision of the Institute is to carry out state-of-the-art research and development, demonstration, testing and standardization activities,
including human resource development at all levels, postdoctoral research and research for wide promotion of bioenergy in the country.
SSS-NIBE is located in the state of Punjab on Jalandhar-Kapurthala Road, 18 km away from Jalandhar city towards Kapurthala.
The Institute is located in between Punjab Technical University and Pushpa Gujral Science City.
Jalandhar city is well connected by airways, railways and roadways with the nearest airport at Adampur and Amritsar.
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has been supporting programmes for promoting renewable energy with a target of 175 GW power generation by 2022.
Trained human resources are therefore inevitably required for all sectors of working including solar, wind, bioenergy, off-grid and grid power generation and biofuels for transport applications.
Off grid applications through solar, hybrid systems of wind and biomass, waste for energy are also emerging as potential area not only for energy requirement but also for achieving sustainable development by mitigating climate change.
Thus, there is a strong need to take up research and initiatives for technology development and demonstration to integrate renewable energy for various applications and sustainable development.
The institute, being a research institute in BioEnergy is addressing the issues by developing technology and validating it in an integrated manner as a potential source of energy and for sustainable energy.
The main objective of the national training program is to introduce the importance and various applications of renewable energy including solar,
wind and bioenergy, characterization of biomass and assessment, biomass gasification, fundamentals of solar, wind and biomass power generation,
off-grid and grid power generation, waste utilization for energy production, financing for industrial projects and techno-economic for renewable energy projects and its utilization,
including various policy issues to be addressed by various experts and Govt Officers.
- Chairman: Shri Dinesh Dayanand Jagdale, Director General, SSS-NIBE & Joint Secretary, MNRE
- Coordinators: Dr. Anil Kumar Sarma, Scientist E, SSS-NIBE Dr. Sachin Kumar, Scientist C, SSS-NIBE
- Convener: Dr. Nikhil Gakkhar, Scientist C, SSS-NIBE
Key note lectures
The key note lectures on the relevant topics will be delivered by the invited experts from R&D/Academic/Financing Institutions, Ministry, Industries and Scientists of the institutes.
- Applications of solar, wind, biomass and biogas
- Biomass characterization and resource assessment
- Biomass gasification
- Solar-Wind-Biomass Hybrid systems
- Renewable Energy for Commercial Applications
- Solar, wind, mini and micro hydro projects, energy storage.
- Field Experiences/ Success Stories
- Investment Opportunities in Renewable sector
- Site visit for industrial exposure
During the training program, focus will be given on a combination of lectures and practical sessions, including lab visits. Knowledge sharing with group discussions, interactions with experts, workshops, hands on training, case studies, etc. will be encouraged.
SNDs/SNAs/ BDTCs/ KVIC, Manufacturers of Bioenergy, wind and solar systems, Project Developers, Implementers, Consultants, Faculty, Researchers and students are welcome to participate in the training program.
Only 40 seats are available, with only 15 seats under Student category, which will be filled on first come first serve basis. Preference will be given to applicants who are working in renewable energy sector.
The interested candidates may send their willingness through e-mail. After confirmation, one needs to send duly filled and signed registration form along with prescribed registration fee.
Last date for early bird price:
February 05, 2020
15th February 2020
Last date of Registration (by email):
25th February 2020
Last date of receipt of fees (by post):
29th February 2020
Date of Training: 2nd March – 6th March 2020
Terms and Conditions for the training program
- The registration fees is non-refundable.
- The registration fee includes access to all the lectures, certification, tea, lunch and dinner, accommodation in the institute guest house and plant visit.
- Accommodation will be on first come first serve basis and subject to availability.
- Only participants (no accompanied person) will be allowed to stay in hostel.
- No request will be entertained for the stay in hostels before check in time and after check out time .
- No traveling allowance will be paid for reaching the program venue.
- The participants will have to be regular and punctual, during the training period.
- Attendance is compulsory and certificate will be issued on successful completion of training program subject to 100% attendance.
- In the event of any disputes arising, the decision of Director General, SSS-NIBE is final and is binding on the participants.
How to apply
The interested candidates may send their willingness through e-mail. After receiving confirmation from the convener, submit your registration form along with the payment details (Attached at Annexure – I) through email ([email protected]) or through courier/speed post to:
“The Director General, Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy, Jalandhar-Kapurthala Road, Wadala Kalan, Kapurthala-144601 (Punjab) India”.
For queries related to training program, you may contact
a) Dr. Sachin Kumar, Deputy Director, SSS-NIBE E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.nibe.res.in Phone No. 01822-507415/ 416; 09988864647/ 7009127569 (M); Fax No. 01822-255545
b) Dr. Nikhil Gakkhar, Scientist C, SSS-NIBE E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.nibe.res.in Phone No. 01822-507417; 9818834416 (M)
Registration Form Click this
Also Read: Top 10 solar companies in India 2020